Deviled Eggs get a bad rap. Ask someone, “Care for some deviled eggs?” and they’ll instantly recoil. But I’d like to stand forward and re-market Deviled Eggs as the tasty, mayonnaise-y underrated goodness that they are (Can I get a sponsorship?). While incredibly retro, I’m all for revitalizing the Tupperware Party favorite and reinstating it on the millennial table with these three delicious renditions of the incredible, edible (Deviled) Egg.
Yield: One dozen eggs (2 dozen halves)
You will need:
Curried Deviled Eggs
3 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 teaspoon curry powder
Basil Pesto Deviled Eggs
1/2 cup fresh bass leaves thoroughly chopped
3 tbsp mayonnaise
Crème Fraîche Deviled Eggs
3 tbsp crème fraîche
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 cornichons, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut them lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks; place 4 yolks in each of three bowls. Set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise and additional flavors to one bowl; mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mixture to bowl of yolks; mix.
- Fill reserved egg-white halves with each filling; serve.
- Repeat for each variation.