Every week for my job, I read tons of articles about food — many of which deserve to be shared! Here are some of my favorite pieces of food writing from this past week.
- David Chang of Momofuku explains the timeline of the massive ramen boom in New York City — and why ramen isn’t what it used to be. [Lucky Peach]
- As a former vegan, I appreciated Mark Bittman’s take on the food that’s said to be one of the cruelest animal products. [New York Times]
- Bourdain Market is set to be the new Happiest Place on Earth, with an assortment of food stalls hand-picked by Anthony (No surprise, Xi’an Famous Foods is slated to the be first). [Eater]
- An incredibly helpful guide to the Geographical Indicators on food (Spoiler: Parmesan knock-offs are rarely from Italy). [Food52]
- A story about the mother of all peanut butters — and a man who loved it. [New York Times]